Spring Is Here!
Although we have now officially welcomed Spring, cold and flu season isn’t quite over yet. It is very important to keep yourself and your children healthy and to avoid infection. Here are some helpful tips to remember:
1. Talk to the doctor. Professional advice can help if you believe you or your children are at risk for contracting the flu.
2. Wash hands frequently. Make sure your children keep their hands away from sensitive areas such as the mouth, nose, and eyes.
3. Eat a healthy diet. Foods rich in vitamins and minerals can boost the immune response and help fight off illness.
4. Get a good night’s sleep. Lack of sleep can inhibit the immune system. Children need about 9 hours of sleep a night.
5. Keep the body hydrated. Dehydration can often accompany illness. Water is best.
6. Exercise regularly. Exercise reduces stress and helps build the immune system. Exercise should be aerobic, and year-round!
7. Seek help if your child is sick. If symptoms get worse after a couple days of illness, be sure to seek medical care, as the flu may leave the body vulnerable to other illnesses.