Youth Mentoring Services of Niagara County (YMS) collaborates with Agencies and Organizations across Niagara County and the Western New York area. The Board of Directors and staff work closely with our Community Partners in order to better serve our community. Here are just a few:
Lockport Ice Arena & Sports Center Inc. (LIASC) is a nonprofit corporation founded in 2008, with a mission to “combat juvenile delinquency and community deterioration, promote social welfare and physical fitness, lessen the burdens of government and promote the development of good sportsmanship through the conduct of supervised athletic activities.”
In collaboration with Youth Mentoring Services, LIASC reopened the building for emergency childcare services for essential workers. Over 50 children have received academic assistance, social emotional learning and STEM curriculum; physical activity; and meals (breakfast, lunch and snacks) through the City of Lockport Schools and the County Youth Bureau meal programs. The program has been funded again and will continue following the school distance learning calendar, until at least March 31, 2021.
Through health, social, educational, cultural, character and leadership development activities, the Niagara Falls Boys & Girls Club assists youth to develop and achieve maximum potential as a human being. Through safe, structured and enjoyable individual, small group and large group programming, boys and girls grow in self-esteem and are instilled with a sense of competence, usefulness, belonging and understanding the power of influence.
Since 1915, the YWCA of Niagara has actively
worked to eliminate racism ;and empower women. Originally named the YWCA of Lockport, the agency expanded its service base in 1996 and became a county wide provider of services to women and girls. With more than a dozen programs and services, the YWCA of Niagara provides: comprehensive alternatives to domestic violence, a 24/7 staffed domestic violence hotline and shelter for women and children, transitional housing, a supportive housing for homeless women and children at Carolyn’s House, Niagara Falls, girls sports programs and much more.
Other agencies & organizations
- AFL-CIO: Support Initiatives
- Boys and Girls Club of the Northtowns: 2 Pack a Back Pack
- Buffalo Federation of Neighborhood Centers (BFNC): site based mentoring
- Cornerstone CFCU Arena: program support
- Diversified Manufacturing, Inc.: Program Support
- First Niagara Foundation: Site Based Mentoring
- GM Holding: Grounds, Program Support
- Grigg-Lewis Foundation: Program Support, Summer workerships
- Lockport Dental Group: Program Support
- Lockport Public Library: Program Support
- M & T Charitable Foundation: Program Support
- New York State Sheriff’s Association: Camperships
- New York State Troopers: Camperships
- Niagara County Youth Bureau: Summer Food Service Program
- Niagara Falls Firefighters: Toy Fund Holiday Assistance
- Nor-Ton Red Jacket Club: soapbox derby
- Toys for Smiles: Toy Fund Holiday Assistance
- United Way of Greater Niagara: Media Exposure, Event Support
- YWCA: site based mentoring
Our Sincere appreciation to all listed, as well as to those who expressed anonymity & to the numerous individual donors and businesses.
Please see Golf Tournament page for Event Sponsors.