Youth Mentoring Services of Niagara County (YMS) collaborates with Agencies and Organizations across Niagara County and the Western New York area. The Board of Directors and staff work closely with our Community Partners in order to better serve our community. Here are just a few:
Through health, social, educational, cultural, character and leadership development activities, the Niagara Falls Boys & Girls Club assists youth to develop and achieve maximum potential as a human being. Through safe, structured and enjoyable individual, small group and large group programming, boys and girls grow in self-esteem and are instilled with a sense of competence, usefulness, belonging and understanding the power of influence.
The Salvation Army operates hundreds of after school programs in low and moderate-income neighborhoods across the country. These programs provide children with a safe place to play and learn in a supervised and constructive environment. In many cases The Salvation Army will provide sports, arts, and music programs, which may or may not be available in the local school systems. As the economy has declined and local municipalities have struggled to fund these extracurricular programs. The Salvation Army has made an efforts in many communities to provide these learning opportunities.
Since 1915, the YWCA of Niagara has actively
worked to eliminate racism ;and empower women. Originally named the YWCA of Lockport, the agency expanded its service base in 1996 and became a county wide provider of services to women and girls. With more than a dozen programs and services, the YWCA of Niagara provides: comprehensive alternatives to domestic violence, a 24/7 staffed domestic violence hotline and shelter for women and children, transitional housing, a supportive housing for homeless women and children at Carolyn’s House, Niagara Falls, girls sports programs and much more.
Other agencies & organizations
- AFL-CIO: Support Initiatives
- Boys and Girls Club of Buffalo: 2 Pack a Back Pack
- Brooks Brothers: Program Support
- Diversified Manufacturing, Inc.: Grounds, Program Support
- First Niagara Foundation: Support Site Based Mentoring Initiative
- GM Holding: Grounds, Program Support
- Grigg-Lewis Foundation: Program Support, Summer workerships, Website Sponsor
- Lockport Dental Group: Program Support
- M & T Charitable Foundation: Program Support
- New York State Sheriff’s Association: Camperships
- New York State Troopers: Camperships
- Niagara County Youth Bureau: Volunteer assistance with events, Summer Food Service Program
- Niagara Falls Firefighters: Toy Fund Holiday Assistance
- Niagara University: Academic Interns, Student Volunteers, Hockey Program
- Tim Horton Lockport Store: Camperships
- Tim Horton Niagara Falls Store: Camperships
- United Way of Greater Niagara: Media Exposure, Event Support, Holiday Assistance
- Walmart, Lockport: 2 Pack a Back Pack
- WGRZ- Channel 2, Buffalo: 2 Pack a Back Pack
- YWCA of Niagara: Support camp
Our Sincere appreciation to all listed, as well as to those who expressed anonymity & to the numerous individual donors and businesses.
Please see Golf Tournament page for Event Sponsors.